4.7.12

Baby Watermelons


One day back in April, I received a little growing kit for a watermelon.  While I very much enjoy eating watermelon, I had never even thought of planting one.  Especially given that I am currently limited to potted solutions.
 
In any event, the kit indicated it was intended for ages 3+ (it is after all called the Jiffy Cup for Kids!), so I figured this could either go really well….or fail miserably!!  I planted the seed in the little cup and soil provided, perched it on a floating shelf in front of the sunniest window I have, and let it do its thing.  To my surprise, a few short days later, I actually had a little sprout.  



Jump ahead a few months and that little seedling has started growing baby watermelons!




The experiment continues and hopefully the little green striped baby melons will turn into mega ones :).  In case of success, I’ve got some garden trellis netting ready and waiting to help support the load!


Super easy.  Definitely worth a go!

Enjoy!



2 comments: