6.8.14

English Cucumbers Update & Pickle Salad with a Kick


My English cucumber plants are in total production mode!  My earlier wishes for them to catch up to my basil have come to fruition J




I've pickled them and made numerous salads.  And I'm still not tired of them.  We think they are my best crop of cucumbers ever!  Crispy. Not seed heavy.  And juicy.  The only drawback that I can think of (if I really try to find a con) is that they’re thorny little buggers!

Bumble bees have been very present in the garden this year; I'm sure I owe them much of my success.

I stumbled across this recipe for quick cucumber pickles from Canadian Living while researching pickle recipes using English cucumbers.  Now this recipe is meant to be a pickle; however, I would totally serve this as a side salad (which I did and it was awesome).  The red pepper flakes add a nice little kick to the refreshing cucumbers.  It would be killer with a BBQ or an Asian feast.  I think I might just try it next with Sriracha & honey chicken wings (a post I've been meaning to share with you).




Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment