9.10.14

Ella’s Botanicals



Ok.  I'm sorry.  I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday Thursday and I haven’t written anything about the arrival of my first Ella’s Botanicals parcel on Monday.  MONDAY.  Can you believe it?! 



I'm also sorry for not waiting before busting into my new loot!  Some of the items I haven’t touched as they are intended as x-mas gifts (sadly – as they are looking mighty fine as well J) but I have been loving the LavenderBliss Magic Balm.  My cuticles are definitely feeling the love.  I'm still figuring out how to use it as a larger moisturizer.  Is it just me?!


That is where the Lavender Bliss Hydrating Lotion comes in.  The smell is really lovely.  Even my partner commented on how nice it was.  Both the Magic Balm and Hydrating Lotion smell great and pack a punch.  So if you prefer something a little less prominent, you may want to steer clear.  My hands immediately feel more moisturized, particularly if I have used the Magic Balm on my cuticles.  Great combo.


The verdict is still out on whether I can handle the price.  Since I was telling everyone about the one day sale a couple of weeks back (how could I not?), you know I got 2 lotions for the price of 1.  Even at $10 per bottle, it still seems a little steep.  But then I remember this is made with natural ingredients, which are sourced in Canada as much as possible and the products are made in small batches.  All things I love and want to support. 


Note, the Magic Balm is a very reasonable $15.  Reasonable, as I get the feeling this puppy lasts a good while.  The cream, on the other hand, I can see myself going through in under a month!  Especially if I were to use it as a body lotion; currently keeping it as my dedicated hand cream.


I also purchased a hydrosol.  I've been eyeing hydrosols for a while and was only finding options outside Canada, until I stumbled on Ella’s Botanicals.  So I quickly added one to my basket!  It’s only been a couple of days, but I have been really enjoying my spray both after I cleanse and throughout the day as a refresher.  Why didn't I find this before the summer?!  Next time around, I think I will give the one for Sensitive Skin a go, as that is made with Lavender and I think I would prefer the smell compared to the Rose and Witch Hazel in the Dry/Mature version I purchased. 


I'm definitely looking forward to road testing these new gems and see how my skin feels in about a month from now.  I'm also eagerly awaiting a re-stock on their Muscle Rescue Balm which is clearly really popular.  Fingers crossed I'm able to get my hands on some before the holidays!


Tell me, what’s your favourite Ella’s Botanical product?

xoxo
S

P.S. A big thank you to my local Canada Post delivery man who recognized my name (and clear problem with online ordering!) and knew to re-route the incorrectly addressed parcel to me.

P.P.S. I believe it is blogging etiquette to disclose whether you are being compensated for a review (official or not).  I am not.  I have been eyeing Ella’s Botanicals products and eagerly placed my order when I heard of the sale on Instagram (see – there are benefits to my Instagram addiction ;) )  Plus I love that I'm supporting a small Canadian business that is clearly passionate about their products and ingredients.  


No comments:

Post a Comment