10.11.14

Daily Afternoon Snack


I must be a creature of habit.  Every day around 3 pm, I get really hungry.  Starved, in fact.  And I typically reach for my trusty apple and cheese combo.  

This habit of mine has been going on for years and I still can’t seem to get enough of my daily afternoon snack.  My current fave (aka the last several years) is the Gala/ Royal Gala apples paired with Balderson’s Aged 2 Years Royal Canadian White Cheddar cheese.  I stock up on the latter at Costco; it’s one of my kitchen staples.  Apples and cheese are a classic pairing, and I'm loving this particular combo. 


Apples happen to have loads of health benefits: whiter teeth, boost your immune system, good for your heart, reduce cholesterol, the list goes on!  Check out Canada's Best Health magazine’s 15 Health Benefits of Eating Apples article for more information.  Aged cheddar cheese also has a slew of essential nutrients: calcium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A, riboflavin, vitamin B12 and high-quality protein.  This pairing of apple and cheese is not only oishii, but it means you are getting fibre, fruit, protein and other essential nutrients in one snack.   


Tell me, do you have a daily afternoon snack ritual?!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment