19.11.14

Holiday Gift List 2014 – The Gardener


Those who know me, know that I start my x-mas shopping early.  I'm on the hunt for good gifts all year long. 

In fact, the date stamp on my 2014 holiday gift list is dated December 25, 2013.  I actually jotted down gift ideas after getting home from all the celebrations; surprising given my turkey coma state ;)  August marks the official get down to holiday business kick-off, with the goal of having it all done by the end of November
Here are some of the items I have on my radar for the gardening lovers in my life:

Gear



These Hunter rain boots are great for keeping your tootsies warm and dry, particularly when opening and putting your garden to bed.



The pockets on this linen apron are perfect for keeping essentials handy and the linen keeps things cool and breezy during the hot summer months.  Made by yours truly!  You can find it in my Etsy Store Shannon Fraser Designs.

Skincare


The following skincare products are both from Ella’s Botanicals.  As you know, her products are a recent discovery of mine; however, I have come to love and rely on my Lavender Bliss Hydrating Lotion.  I particularly enjoy this right before bedtime for a little boost of relaxation.


If you've ever spent time gardening, you know it can be back breaking work.  Reach for Ella’s Botanicals Rescue Balm to help ease the pain.  If you find a tin, snag it quick as these puppies sell out quick! 


Workshop


For those living in/ around Toronto, a terranium workshop with Crown Flora Studio may be just what the gardener needs to get them through the winter season!


Otherwise, you could have this terranium sent right to you by Sea of  Tree


Seeds


It’s never too early to start preparing for next season’s gardening season.  If you’re on the hunt for organic ethically grown seeds – check out Nutritional Hobbyist or Cubits two fellow Etsy sellers located in Canada. 

Look at these organic heirloom thyme seeds from the Nutritional Hobbyist:


I'm in love with these organic watermelon radish daikon seeds by Cubits


This vegetable garden tin, also from Cubits, would be perfect for someone looking to start a vegetable garden, or even as a house warming gift.  I'm eyeing one of these for myself!


Art:


Why not bring a little of the outdoors in with this adorable Summer Vegetables watercolor print from Lucile’s Kitchen


Or pick up a stack of these lovely watercolor notecards from local Montreal talent Trowel & Paint Brush.


Would love to hear what you have on your gift list for the gardening lover in your life!

Happy holiday season!

xo
S

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my 'Trowel and Paintbrush' notecards on your gift list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have found you! I've also added you to my favourites on Etsy :)

      Delete